As you may already know, as food manufacturers you have an obligation to provide information since the framework of Food Information Regulation (FIR) came into effect on December 14, 2014. Here you can read again exactly, what new regulations and changes FIR brings with it.
One of the major changes that will be newly regulated by FIR is the nutrition declaration. Under this, from 13 December 2016 onwards, it is mandatory to provide all the nutrition information on energy content and the amount of fat, saturates, carbohydrates, sugars, protein and salt (Big 7).
Most of our customers already have their raw materials and products information in their ingredient databases or production databases. The challenge is often in extracting the required product data from the documentation. In most cases the data can be found for example in laboratory reports and needs to be carefully searched & used.
Take action now and get a simple and effective way with ecratum, in order to get the data you need to implement under FIR: with our function extended raw material specification - nourishment value declaration.
- Increase efficiency: your suppliers provide all the necessary information directly at the right place and you can use this information any time.
- Create transparency: you and your suppliers can easily fulfill your duty to provide information and increase the transparency of your product.
- Optimize quality: in this way you enhance the quality of your products and the consumer benefits from it.
This is how it works in ecratum:
- Invite suppliers
- Request raw material specifications: Your suppliers upload it on ecratum
- Systematic nutrition declaration: Your supplier provides the nutritional information directly in the raw material specification
- Exporting function: These are then available for you and can be downloaded in any other software (eg in formulation programs or by the production management) for further use.
If you want to use these features in ecratum, please contact our support team. We are happy to sit down with you and show you how you can how ecratum can support you in implementing FIR.