Companies always try to create the best product for their customers, in order to keep them satisfied and regulars of your brand. Nevertheless, complaints will always be a part of any product selling, possibly damaging your customer base. But a complaint is actually gold for your business! As expressed by Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Use that complaint and turn it into an opportunity to improve your product.
To help you manage your complaints and keep up your customer satisfaction, ISO developed the ISO 10002, a quality management process specially tailored for complaints handling. We will today learn more about the ISO 10002 and how to implement it in your company.
What is the ISO 10002?
The ISO 10002 is a complaints-handling process developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2004. Available for organizations of all sizes and all sectors, the certification supports companies with their complaint management in order to keep customer satisfaction high and their product innovative.
According to the ISO 10002, customer satisfaction is defined as a “customer's perception of the degree to which the customer's requirements have been fulfilled” while a complaint is an “expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization, related to its products, or the complaints-handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected”.
The current version of the certification is the ISO 10002:2014. It will be reviewed and replaced by the ISO/DIS 10002 in 2019.
Overview of the ISO 10002
The guideline ISO 10002:2014 is a document structured as following:
- Normative References
- Terms and definitions
- Guiding principles
- Customer-focused approach
- Continual improvement
- Complaints-handling framework
- Planning and design
- Operation of complaints-handling process
- Receipt of complaints
- Tracking of complaints
- Acknowledgement of complaints
- Initial assessment of complaints
- Investigation of complaints
- Response to complaints
- Communicating the decision
- Closing complaints
- Maintenance and improvement
- Collection of information
- Analysis and evaluation of complaints
- Satisfaction with the complaints-handling process
- Monitoring of the complaints-handling process
- Auditing of the complaints-handling process
- Management review of the complaints-handling process
- Continual improvement
How to implement the ISO 10002 in your company
The ISO 10002 can be implemented in four steps:
- Self-assessment of your compliance with the ISO 10002 requirements
- Contact with a certification body accredited by the ISO
- Audit of the ISO 10002 procedures developed by your company
- If you succeed with your audit, the ISO 10002 certification will be issued and handled to your company
If you don’t succeed, you will receive a list of improvement to do before trying again
The ISO 10002 is valid for one year and can be renewed after a new audit.
Would you like to implement the ISO 10002 in your company? Discover now ecratum, the SRM online platform, to easily manage your supplier performances and quickly exchange documents and information. Learn more about ecratum different more and how we can support your company.